Gifts That Make an Impact Now
Learn about the ways you can help inspire students to learn, lead, and serve in a diverse and changing world.
Recommend a grant now from your Donor-Advised Fund
You can now initiate a grant recommendation from your Donor-Advised Fund, or DAF, using the link below. Simply start typing in your fund provider name, and the system will prompt you through the process.
IRA Charitable Rollover
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to Loyola University Maryland. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and ensure our work of educating, inspiring, and serving continues. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year, and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Loyola University Maryland.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to Loyola University Maryland, so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 72 and older, the transfer of funds counts toward your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support Loyola, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
When you give a memorial or tribute gift for Loyola to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude in a very meaningful way. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute, and provide students with inspirational experiences that last a lifetime.
Gifts of Securities
A donation of cash is the most direct way to support Loyola. You benefit from a charitable tax credit while taking positive action to invest in opportunities that support our Jesuit values. You can make your gift online with our Donate Now form or by sending a check or money order by mail to:
Loyola University Maryland
Office of Planned Giving
2034 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093
If you’re sending a check or money order, please let us know if you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose.